16 April 2012

Pesto Pasta

There are only two types of people : One that like pesto and one that doesn't. I belong to the earlier and sad enough close people around me don't seem like they know how to appreciate it. Then why do I wanna learn how to make pesto?!

Um...I don't know! When the cooking mood is here, I'll just do it. The truth : I don't realise that no one (minus my dearest) appreciate pesto until it's too late to turn back @_@!

Alright, let's just put some light on the cooking (if I can call this cooking cos the only thing that really need s heat is the pasta!)

 The Ingredients: 1) Equal portion of Sweet Basil and Walnuts 2) Few cloves of Garlics 3) Some Lemon Juice

 Toast or pan fried walnuts. 

 Dunk everything into the blender. Add in 5-6 tablespoon of Olive Oil

 Followed by Lemon Juice

 Some pepper to taste and BLEND!



 Walla!! That's Pesto Paste.

 Real cooking starts here. Get the pasta boiled, drained and mix well with the pesto paste.

All ready to be served.

Oh yes, it tastes exactly like those you ordered in the restaurant (minus some bacon). I actually cooked the whole packet of spaghetti, hoping my dad would wallop all but what happened was actually....

Me   : You have enough already? (Checking the pasta on the table)
Dad  : Oh yes. I am full.
Me    : So much left?
Dad  : I had one bowl already
Mum : Just two bites. He doesn't like it. That's why
Me    : .....
Dad  : It has no taste. I still prefer bolognese. Taste much better.
Mum : Maybe you should add some soy sauce or something (Suggesting Dad)
Me    : .................  =_=
Dad  : Oh...maybe some ketchup too
Me   : ............................................................ =_= !!

-------- THE END--------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?