12 October 2015

Sungai Way Market Foodcourt

This may not be a glamorous place but its a place where I had been more than hundred times for breakfast or even accompany my mum for grocery shopping.

I used to hate going to wet market (still hated it) because it stinks, its wet and its always crowded (give me some space). This is a place where you can buy just anything to put a decent dinner on the table. Everything is fresh and they even have livestock (chickens only la).

I avoided eye contact and even hold my breath whenever i passed by the livestock's corner. I remembered clearly that I once watched the whole 'preparation' process so attentively that I rejected any chicken on the table for like half a year. That's how traumatized I was.

The fishery section is slightly better but its always wet. I always have to walked with super care so that I do not trip and fall and got wet with fishy smells. Not to mentioned you have to avoid flying fish scales. LOL

Looking back as i got older, this is a place that i grow up with. A place where i spend most of the time together with my mum. Where she would be so proud to show off how much a good-girl that I am. LOL

The food court is a place where all locals will visit and it still is. I guess this is the last place to be invaded by Indonesians. Sorry for being racists but majority of the locals had moved out because the rental rate to factory is so attractive. Most if not all of Sungai Way is now a Little Indonesia and they even started business to serve their own people.

Its heart warming to see so many locals here at the food court, though most of them are uncles/aunties. Some of the patrons had been selling for more than three decades and I am so glad that they are still around and I still get to enjoy their delicacies.

As straight forward as the name of the shop, this is KL style CCF. Mushroom Curry CCF. Thick mushroom gravy with Pork Curry. A perfect combination of salty and spicy. Yummy!
Still taste as good as it always does!





If you are craving for a bowl of non-halal curry noddle, this is the place you can get your crave satisfied. Curry noddle serve with pork skin and pork ribs, of course the must have cockles and beancurd skin.




Sungai Way Market Foodcourt
Business hours : Starts from Morning till finish
Address : Jalan SS9a/1, Sungai Way


Good food comes from everywhere! Support our locals, sustain their business and preserve the original food by the locals!