07 September 2015

First Trimester (Week 1 - 12)

Kent had been calling me Pregger ever since he learnt about this new word.

We were both very excited about our first baby. Kent was especially nervous that he started to do research and shopping when I’m only 2 months pregnant.

The first thing he bought is breast pump. He is the one who chat with my sis-in-law about user reviews, functions, price and the latest model while I am the one sitting besides listening to the conversation in awe. I hope he know how to use it as well because I knew nothing about that cute-alien-looking-machine. 

I do not know since when I felt that Kent was sleeping far away from me. As if he’s trying to avoid any contact with me. Only found out that all Daddy-to-be tends to sleep that way (like a cliff-hanger but more to the 'cliff') because they are worried they might hurt the baby. That’s so funny.



Other than missing Ms.P visit, I have few other symptoms (which are considered very mild compared to others) :-
  • Tiredness - I sleep a lot and can doze off on less than 3 minutes. I slept for hours before dinner, refuse to wake up for work and sleep over the lunch time.

  • Blandness in mouth - Everything taste funny and not tempting at all.
  • Darken nippy - Sad to say but it happen
  • I'm a walking burping machine - I burp like nobody business.
  • Can't poop - I only pass liquid the first month and it doesn’t feel good at all. Where the heck did all the solid gone?
 
  • Detective Nose - I am super sensitive to smell and taste. I could not take the smell of cooking. Whenever I am home early and MIL was cooking, I have to retreat to the outdoor. I even tried hiding in the room but the smell is so strong I have to stay out of the house. I hate the smell of fried food, fried garlic and cooking rice.
  • Temporary upgraded figureline - All my bras became push up for instant. I got to shop for new bras with 2 levels up!
  • H20 deprive - I got super dry and flaky skin. My shin was so dry that skin peel off by itself. Nowadays, I can't skip the beauty regime to put on lotion after shower.
  • I felt cold but my body was so warm - This only happened on the first few weeks though
Food that I used to love but now hated:-
  • Generally all oily food
  • Instant noodles - The noodle taste like cardboard
  • Coffee - It stinks now especially 3-in-1 coffee and Instant Coffee
  • Food with MSG overloaded - I can totally tell if there's MSG in the food or not. Chinese food is the worst
  • Vege - Okay this may not be very healthy and that could be related to my difficult time in the toilet.