11 April 2012

Kaya Puff

The title may sounds a little bit ridiculous but that's exactly what I'd did today. In less than half an hour, freshly baked kaya puff is ready to be served (Tribute to my Colleague who serve us with this during her new year open house)





The procedure :-


Step 1 : Butter frozen puff pastry with kaya. You can get all the ingredients from most hypermarket.


I didn't even bother to defrost the frozen puff pastry. Just simply butter over the kaya onto the ready puff pastry and fold it into half. Even I can finish this task in within 10 minutes.

Step 2 :Sit and watch (That's it. The oven will take over from here)

Puffs in preheated oven. I am just gonna let the pictures to do the 'talking' here cos there ain't much I can elaborate more.

 5 minutes

10 minutes (Alright, at this time, the puffs actually got somewhat like melted. Just keep watching)

 15 minutes

 17 minutes (ooo...I am getting nervous)

 18 minutes (Can 'feel' those puffs screaming for ..."Help! help! Its hot in here")

 20 minutes (I think I am going to extend another 1 minute for the golden brown effect on the skin)


 20 minutes (I extended another 1 minute for the golden brown effect on the skin)

20 minutes 30 seconds (Its getting nearer)

  21 minutes (Ops, i think it got burnt a bit)

Step 3 :  Open the oven cover and let the puffs cool down abit

 Puff says : "Ah......that feels better"
 Step 4 : Dig in!



 Its cruncy!!

P/S : Though this is the simplest cooking you can ever imagine, I still suck in cooking. See what I'd done the first time with the same steps.

I actually left the puffs on the rack rather than on the tray. So the puffs turn soft when it got heated and drop onto the oven base. I made a mess out of it!

Hopefully the next time when I bake sardine/tuna puffs, I wouldn't need to do a rehearsal again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?