19 June 2012

Brief Itinery for 3 Days at Siem Reap

Credit to Lau


Alright, this is my first travel blog! I'd just landed 6 hours ago from Siem Reap. One of the famous towns in Cambodia for its well known Angkor Wat!! It had NEVER crossed my mind that one day I will visit this country. I mean, what's so attractive about an abandoned building? I never know how to appreciate them anyway. Well, that's probably because I never pay attention during history lesson. Now that I'd been there, the whole view turns upside down. It's so much more interesting to listen to history when you are at the event place, imagining how the past was, lost a bit in admiration how their ancestor built such a magnificent structure without those powerful machines we have today.

I really have to send my deepest gratitude to my travel mates who have made this a memorable trip. Without them, I would not have been to this unforgettable place!

We get to Siem Reap from Malaysia with airplanes (duh..). Check out www.airasia.com.my for the best bargain. Well, I wouldn't say always but most of the times they do offer great bargained ticket. We booked ours almost a year ago while Air Asia is having the Free Seats promotion. It may sound ridiculous but it work out just right.

Back to the trip, this is basically what we had in our itinery. 

Day 1
Visit Artisan D'Angkor 
Visit the Mini Killing Field
Shop at Central Market 
Exploring the town 

Day 2
Full day tour at Angkor Archeological Park

Day 3 
Visit to nearby temples 
Shopping at The Old Market Place 
Visit the Silk Farm 
Foot Massage 

It's more of a free and easy trip. We planned to visit Kampong Phluk at Tonle Sap earlier but had put this idea aside after some homework done. Some commented that June is a dry season hence the water level of the lake reduces making it muddy like. Our tour guide told us a different story though. According to him, the lake is still accessible and the difference may be the view that you may get. The mangrove trees which usually submerge partially in the water now exposed. Also, during this dry season, villagers that stayed along the lake side will have to move their houses further in to the water to cool themselves. 

Will update in details all places that I had visited over there (After I'd tidy up my photos). Those pictures are superb!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?