17 August 2012

How to make Heart Shape Sandwich

It''s time to blog some cooking moment for a break! Recently, I found myself a lil'bit hooked up with those lovely Bento.





There's no way I'll be able to make something as impressive as that! Hahaha...just imagine the amount of food that has to be thrown down the rubbish bin.

The idea of making bento is more like seeing how other people got impressed by your 'artwork' rather than how good your cooking skills are. That is just P.E.R.F.E.C.T for me! (Alright, maybe not so but at least there's no 'heat' involved)

I googled a bit of bento making tips and started to plan out my Perfect Bento. Was thinking to make something that looks and tastes good. Apparently, things doesn't work out as planned cos the time i need to prepare my Ideal bento would easily wallop the whole day and well....most probably ends up with nothing more than total lost. So i retreat to a simpler version. Sandwich bento!

I bought a sandwich maker for RM18 just because i wanted to make bento sandwich! Mum was like 'WHAT?'. Chill, I think the sandwichees will come out just Lovely!


 Tuna stuffing is the first i can think of. Can't really think of other fillings already. Mixed it well with some good mayonnaise, some seasoning and its all ready.


 
1. Put a plain bread onto the base of the sandwich maker.

 2. Close the lid and press it against the base. The shape of the sandwich will appear (duh..). This basically provides a guideline to where you should put the fillings later.


3. Time to do some detail work. Put the filling right at the middle of the moulded shape. Do not overload it otherwise you will get a 'broken heart'.

4. When you are done, put another layer of bread on top of it. Repeat step 2 but this time press it REAL HARD. This ensure the sandwich maker cuts the bread nicely.

 5. I tried my very best to press the sandwich maker together but fail at first attempt. Ended up I have to cut those lil sandwiched out from the bread with sciccors! Got really irritated after the second round. I used my body weight to push the cover together =_=! The result turned out quite satisfying. =D

6. Walla! Decorated my lunch box with some salad and big fat strawberries! Alright.....maybe it doesn't really look like a bento but i am still quite happy with it.

Heart shape sandwich closed-up!