24 August 2015

Dara Ayu Villas & Spa - Cooking Class

This is my first cooking class in life and the first training class for a newbie wifey.

Cooking is more of Kent’s talent than mine. I always came out with some really weird taste combination

It is so not my style to take up cooking class during holiday. Since there isn't much we can do at Ubud, we decided to give it a try. 

All the ingredients were prepared by the hotel and that's including cleaning the chicken of course. Should have requested to join them to the market if that had crossed my mind earlier.



My first task is to grind some onions and garlic to marinate the chicken. Oh, did I forget to mention that this is a traditional cooking class. No LPG or electrical appliances. Everything is back to the basic.





Next is to do some massage for the chicken with the marinate paste. Massage, massage, massage and stuff eveything else into it. The rest of the work was completed by my 'Sifu'. We have like three staffs helping us with the cooking class. Basically, we are just doing the real simple chores (those that doesn't burn the kithen)


Tada! The soup is done and I do not even remember what kind of soup it is...LOL


 The traditional way of preparing coconut shaves and cut my finger!


Kent helping out in the kitchen too because he can't look at how clumsy I am in the kitchen. 

That's the banana tree stem and we thought only the flowers and fruits are edible.




WaaaLaaa!!! Its all done!



Went back to our personal Gazebo for lunch! Yummy! Own cook food is the best!

Time to leave!



and time for my Vacation Ice-Cream!