16 November 2015

13 Things I Wish My Husband Know During My Pregnancy

I came across this article/post from Aaron and I can’t agree more (from the men’s point of view)

When I first became a pregger, I have totally no idea how much I will change, both physically and emotionally. How much I wish my husband could understand those changes that I am going through. After all, pregnancy is a journey that we should be enjoyed together.

Here are the 13 Things I Wish My Husband Would Know During My Pregnancy

1. When I Said “I’m Hungry”, I Seriously Mean It.
I know that I always tell you that I’m hungry but I had never eaten as much as I meant to. This is because I felt a sudden emptiness in my tummy and Baby Bump is kicking rigorously in resistant of hunger. I can never fall asleep with an empty stomach and a kicking baby inside me. I need food to calm Baby Bump down so that I can have a good night rest. On the other hand I can’t take in too much otherwise I can’t fall asleep.

So please be my personal barista and make me a half cup of warm mummy’s milk without asking or telling me to wait till you are done ‘tapping-pointlessly’ at the dunno-what-war-game. This is going to send me to my emotional edge.

2. Thanks But No Thanks For Laughing At My Changing Body
I am going through a very tough emotional war of having to accept the changes that is happening to my almost perfect body. The darkening of my nippy is the last thing that I ever expect from pregnancy. It is almost like getting a scar on my face! So stop giving me those sinister smiles.

All preggers gained weight and I am lucky to have gained only a minimum of less than 12kg. But that had already triggered me enough because I have extra cellulite all over my body. I understand that all these are the important food bank for Baby Bump but it strikes me like a thunder. So please stop telling me that I look cute because I know I looked FAT and proportionally not right.

Also all preggers walk like-one-kind, like a penguin going, from left to right. This is super normal to cater for the additional weight that I had gained in the past 9 months! Please do not imitate the way I am walking because I was just trying to protect my spine.

3. Being Forgetful Is Not Pregger’s Excuses
When I apologize for forgetting something important, that’s because I really did and it’s not an excuse. Seriously, I never believe this until I am a pregger myself. Thanks to Baby Bump for enjoying my limited supply of fish oil (I hated fish).

Now that I am taking extra fish oil supplement, I hope I can be less forgetful so that I can always remind you to do what I had asked you to do but you had forgotten.

4. No Silly Jokes
Thanks for trying to be funny and at times trying to test my limits. I can’t control my own emotion although I really tried to. I do not know why I felt so grumpy sometimes. If you do notice that, I’ll appreciate if you could remind me so that I’ll try to have more control over myself. Never try to test my limit by going against my will when I am at that state because I can be a terrible water bomb.

Take me out if I ever look grumpy because most of the times I am just bored-to-grumpiness. If I am grumpy, bored and starting to do house chores, I will start to feel super sorry for myself. So, just be a little bit more sensitive.

5. Goodbye Sex
Oh, please do not remind me how sad it is to have not enjoy it like it used to be. Listen to me carefully -- you're not the only one feeling that way. I am lucky not to have gone through the miserable first trimester like most preggers do and things are kinda ‘normal’ back then.

Please do not expect the same for the next pregnancy or during the second trimester. My body changes and it is not like something that I wanted. Please take some time to explore with me and prepare me emotionally. Never ever tell me how sad your life is because I would think that you need sex so bad that you may cheat on me (though I know is unlikely)

6. Yes, my pairs are bigger; no, you can't touch them.
Yes, thanks to Baby Bump that I felt like a men-magazine-super-model. And yes it does look very attractive and you can’t resist touching them. Seriously, what do you think that my boobs just get bigger in months? I had been through the time when my pairs hurt like mad! It was swollen because of the rush of hormone. It feels like being pinched or slapped when you touch it. And it feels all different after that. My pairs don’t feel like a sex-appeal anymore but more of food factory for Baby Bump.

Oh, and please do not laugh at my ‘oversize-bra’ because I was just trying to save some cash from having to buy another full package of undies when the factories start its production.

7. I Need More Pillows For Support
Sleeping on my back is like sleeping with a 10kg rice bag on my tummy. My back is strained while resting. To switch to side sleeping is even more challenging. Is not that I love to have the big bolster in the middle of the bed; I need it to support my back while I am sleeping sideways.

I would love to have you hugging me to sleep but most likely I am going to heat you up and you are going to snored right into my ear. So please bear with the middle-bolster although I really love to hug it to sleep sometimes but I can’t because of Baby Bump.

8. I Don’t Mind Some Extra Care
Seriously, I am just a weak woman who needs the extra care and protection from her man. I am not sure about others but I sure can do with more care and love. A morning and good night kiss, a hug at no particular time and some strong arms. With the new Bump, I can barely bend down to pick up stuffs on the floor. I need to open up my feet real wide to reduce the gravity point and to stabilize myself before bending down just to pick up the piece of dust (not a very good sight). Forget about heavy stuffs which preggers are not supposed to carry.

I do not asked to be treated like a queen or princess but I appreciate a little help when I really need some.

9. Pregnant women are lazy (If that’s what you think)
I might not be doing as much house chores as I used to do. That’s because my back almost felt like breaking into half after sweeping the floor. I tried to iron the piled up working attires thinking how tired it can be (though I hated ironing clothes) and I was left again with aching back. I opt to hired hourly maid to do the house chores because I can’t do it myself not because I am lazy.

When I asked for help to do the laundry, I am not being lazy because it’s difficult to bend down and carry the load downstairs. I will still fold the clean laundry on the floor though I am having some hard time bending over and getting up later. 

10. Please Drive Extra Careful
I hope you could drive with extra care whenever I am on the passenger seat. I appreciate if you could use the brake more gently, no unnecessary sudden brake because that does not only scared the hell out of me, it risk hurting Baby Bump with the safety felt.

The same goes to hump. Please just imagine that you are driving a super sport car when you are getting over the hump. Drive through it smoothly (you can even do the S-Thingy) but not like a racing cow so that I do not felt that Baby Bump is going to drop out (although I knew it won’t).

11. A Small Gifts
I know it is fun and exciting to go for baby shopping but I get jealous when all the attentions go to Baby Bump. A small gifts for me and unrelated to pregnancy would be nice to remind me that I am your lover not only your baby’s mother-to-be. 

12. Spend Some Quality Time
I appreciate some quality time spent together (just the two of us) other than having dinner or shopping for Baby Bumps. I want to be reminded that I have a lover and not a dad-to-be. Pre-planned some activities that we can do together although I knew there’s nothing much left for a pregger to do. A home movie session or even a brisk walk at the lakeside is as good as an expensive romantic dinner. Do not ask me where I want to go or what to do, that’s why I mentioned ‘pre-planned’.

I would be more than happy if you could bring me to some cosy places to hang out so that I get some good reasons to dress up. The one thing that I wish I could do more is to look good in my glowing pregnancy skin.

Oh yes, we should also try to stop looking at our own fb wall before bedtime. It's a waste of time scrolling over the feeds that we had looked into over 10 times in the day. That's a reminder for both of us.

13. Handle Me With Care
Not particularly about me but more of Baby Bump. With the increasing waistline I can’t gauge the distance between me and other objects. I keep hitting Baby Bump at tables and chairs which I felt super guilty later. I tried to avoid places with lots of running kids or even ladies with big hard handbags who walk like they own the street. I am so worried if something or someone hit Baby Bump. So please protect me and do not do stupid stunts like pretending to sit on my lap. Don’t even try to move/maneuver  me around on the bed because I just can’t.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?