12 May 2018

A Brand New Malaysia

This could be the only time that I am so into politics.

Politics is the only news I would ignore in the newspaper because it is all bullshit. It's all distorted. It is not 100% true story and worst still it is one sided. 

Malaysia General Election 14 is the thing that every Malaysian is talking about.

My social media account is flocked with photos of stained finger, proof that we had done our duty as Malaysian, to cast the vote for our future. Here's mine.

IMG_20180509_134420

IMG_20180509_131954

For the first time, we had watched the result so closely that we even have live update playing on the background while having our dinner. This had never happen before. We usually do not care much of the result because we always knew what is the expected result.

Tonight, everything will be different. We care. We knew we have a chance to make things right. We want to have first hand information of what is happening outside.

I am really grateful for those who had guarded the polling station to ensure no hanky panky. Those who dare to protest against the forces in delivery of additional votes after closing. Those who volunteered to be the agent to witness and protect the transparency that all voters should deserved.

Unlike those Hero out there, I have to sleep at 12am that night when the result is just 30% in progress. I am a mom of a three year old boy. My main responsibility is to ensure he is safe and healthy. I can't be risking myself for he need me. I felt that I should be outside doing something for the nation but I didn't. I just couldn't fall asleep that night. What will be the faith of our country. The future of my son. If I need to rest for tomorrow is working day, what about those hero out there. What if everyone go home preparing for another tomorrow. What if there is no guard at the polling station. What if the result is being distorted and there is no one to witness? I can't stop thinking of the endless possibilities. 

Why am I laying on the bed thinking, worrying and waiting for others to fight to protect my future? I should be out there doing some good.

I woke up at 3am as I really can't stop blaming myself. I go to social media for updates and news. I can't believe what i just read/saw. It was really shocking to know that we had manage to change the result for the first time in history. Is this even real? This might be fake news? I need a double no...maybe a triple verification.

So, does that mean public holidays for 2days?? Fark...that's all I care about?  I went back to bed. Still couldn't sleep. I must share this to Kent!!!

He jump out of bed when I broke the news. "Seriously??" We didn't sleep after that.

It is really amazing to feel that there is finally hope for Malaysia. We do not need to be led by a clown who made us all look like idiot in the world. Now we are famous again for we have a guiness breaking record "oldest prime minister" in the world as our Prime Minister. Can you imagine a 93 years old man fighting for us? Shame on myself. He gave me a lot of inspiration that I even thought that maybe i should be a politician some day (nah...) 

We did not choose our next leader. We merely wanted the current one out. Well, that's at least what I have in my mind. To be franked, I've got not much confident on the new government too. Do they have the knowledge and ability to run the country? Are they thrustworthy? Would it be another nightmare? Is there any hidden agenda that we might have missed since we are all so distracted? 

I can't be bothered much because the ultimate aim was achieved. Now is time to really sit down and find out what's the next big plan to save our nation. I truly support GST as it is a good tax system. What's the different it can make by changing it back to Service Tax? Do you think the price of material prices that had gone up will now come shooting down? Wake up people. That will never happen. Reduce our personal income tax. That I will appreciate a lot.

I am no politician. I know nothing about politic, seriously. I have no confident to go out there to fight for our future neither. I can't give funny speeches nor am I good at spontaneous response. I can't write judgmental post professionally on social media nor can I take any criticism from unknown sources. I am just an ordinary mum of a 3 years old boy, a wife to my husband and the daughter to my parents. All I can do is to raise a boy who would love his country and contribute to the nation. 

Let's make a better Malaysia by doing our parts right first.

I wrote this blog entry simply to record my feeling over this historical moment of my country Malaysia. And also as a reminder to myself that I in fact love my country a lot that I naturally find myself signing our national song in the morning.



Puji dan syukur pada Ilahi
Anugerahnya tiada terhingga
Kedamaian kemakmuran
Malaysiaku bahagia
Dengan tekad untuk berjaya
Berbakti pada nusa dan bangsa
Kami junjung cita-cita luhur
Perpaduan seluruh negeri
( korus )
Seia sekata sehati sejiwa
Menghadapi cabaran
Kami sedia kami setia
Berkorban untuk negara
Bersemarak Malaysia tercinta
Kibarkan panji kebesarannya
Kami rela menjaga namamu
Sejahtera Malaysia

9th May 2018 is the day Malaysian had stand together for a better future.

It is also the day the Baby S is officially diaper free during night time. :))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?